We have a place for you.
We welcome new and returning volunteers of all ages and abilities. ArtHaus volunteers connect people through creativity and it feels good to put your skills and interests where they are needed. Volunteers help us offer our community an accessible, welcoming, and vibrant art center.
A few of our current volunteer opportunities:
ArtHaus’ programming offers a tremendous variety of opportunities for service. Volunteer assignments are arranged to complement personal lifestyles and schedules, with commitments that range from daily to once a year. We provide all the training, just bring your enthusiasm!
- Welcome Desk: Greet visitors, answer questions about our Maker’s Market and Gallery, show guests around the facility, check out purchases, light upkeep. Open daily, 1 – 5 pm
- Open Studio Assistant: Guide visitors through our Open Studio options in the Ceramic Cafe and Studio or help maintain the facility with upkeep projects. In exchange for your hours, this role offers Open Studio Day or Month passes and discounts on materials. Evening and day sessions are available. Get more information or Apply now.
- Classroom Assistant: If you love to create and help people, volunteer to assist students of ArtHaus by finding materials in the classroom, and being an extra pair of hands during clean up. A great opportunity to explore if you are thinking of offering a class for ArtHaus as an instructor.
- Walking School Bus: Every weekday our walking school bus volunteers pick up students from John Cline and walk them safely to the studio for their class.
- Monthly Volunteer Days: Opportunities to bring the Haus Team together to tackle essential tasks together as a community. From cleaning to painting, planting, building, sorting, to writing thank you’s. Generally, the 1st Sunday of each month, 2-5 pm.
- Committee Member: Passion for what we do? Strategic mind? Granting writing skills? A career in NPOs? Only available for part of the year? No problem. Whatever your area, we’d love to put our heads together. Contribute to our Strategic Planning, Development, Building and Ground, and Fundraising Events committees. Committees are led by our board members and generally meet once a month.
- Special Event Volunteers: onsite and off-site opportunities to help ArtHaus regularly or as a one-off opportunity. Each event needs several volunteers so we can find something that suits your needs!
- Welcome guests, assist with ticket sales, sell merchandise, set up, offer Green Room support to artists and performers, help guests participate in community art projects, make or distribute refreshments, collect silent auction artworks, assist with fundraising or sponsorship, distribute advertising, decorate, install and deinstall.